– Providers and StaffWe at Southern Maryland Women’s Healthcare, P.A., look forward to not only meeting, but exceeding your obstetric and gynecologic needs. We work closely with several sub-specialists in the Washington, Baltimore, and Annapolis areas to provide optimum care. We have special interests in pediatric, adolescent and geriatric gynecology, postmenopausal care, urogynecology, infertility, and minimally invasive surgery.
Practice Policies and Procedures
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment to update your demographic information.
- If you do not have access to a computer to complete the patient portal history, you must arrive at least 45 minutes prior.
- Please bring your current insurance card(s).
- If a referral from your primary care is required by your insurance, please be sure to have this with you.
- Any necessary co payments required by your insurance company are due at check-in.
Patients arriving 15 minutes late for their appointment may need to reschedule.
24 hour notice is required if you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment. There is a $25.00 fee if you do not contact our office prior to your appointment.
For your convenience, we accept personal checks, cash, Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
Please contact our billing coordinator at 301-997-1788 ext. 248 with any billing questions.
The pre-operative interview through St. Mary’s Hospital/MedStar will take approximately thirty minutes via telephone, depending on protocol for different surgeries, you may be asked to come in for appointment at the hospital for your pre-op exam. Routinely patients are instructed to fast after midnight meaning, no water, mints or chewing gum as well. You will need to arrive two hours prior to your scheduled surgery time and have transportation home. You are NOT allowed to take the bus or taxi home. The hospital asks that you have someone available to stay with you for 24 hours following your surgery. No jewelry, nail polish, or make up is to be worn the day of surgery. Please be advised that these are only some of the instructions you may be provided and you need to follow the instructions given to you specifically from the pre-op department by the hospital. If you are taking blood thinners i.e. Aspirin, Coumadin, or Plavix, please make sure the surgery coordinator is aware and they will verify with your doctor your instructions for these medications.
Medically necessary surgeries that are not covered by an individual’s insurance or if you do not have insurance, payment arrangements can be made through our billing office at 301-475-9100. Payment plans are given for a time frame of six months and need to be approved by the office manager.
Elective surgeries that are not covered by an individual’s insurance company or if you do not have medical insurance must be approved by office manager and paid in full prior to surgery date.
During your pregnancy you may have certain factors that may cause you to be at a higher risk for certain complications. We work with several specialists in the area that will do genetic counseling and higher level testing in order to ensure the best care for you and your baby. If you have any questions about these appointments, please call and speak to our surgical coordinator, (301)997-1788 ext. 224. Should you need this care we refer our patients to the Center for Maternal & Fetal Medicine (Annapolis) www.cmfmannapolis.com and Maryland Perinatal Associates (Clinton) www.mdperinatal.com.
Paperwork, Rx Refills & Telephone Consults
- If we are required to fill out any FMLA/disability forms, there will be a $10 charge.
- A 48 hour notice is required for all paperwork.
- Prescription refills will be filled during office hours.
- Leave a message with the triage nurse containing your name, date of birth, telephone number, prescription name, and pharmacy.
- Depending on the type of prescription request and the date of your last visit, you may need to schedule an appointment with us. Our nurse will advise you if this is necessary.
- Please allow up to 48 hours for us to process the refill request.
- In most cases, we will notify you when we have completed your request. However, it is wise to call your pharmacy prior to making the trip to verify that they have received and processed the order.